Former WWE Champion Bray Wyatt Dies of Heart Attack at Age 36
Written by Sanjay Kumar
American professional wrestler
- Real Name – Windham Lawrence Rotunda
- Billed Height – in centimeters- 191 cm, in meters- 1.91 m, in Feet Inches- 6’ 3″
- Billed Weight – in Kilograms- 129 kg, in Pounds- 285 lbs
- Body Measurements – Chest: 49 Inches, Waist: 36 Inches, Biceps: 18 Inches
- WWE Debut – NXT (as Bray Wyatt): 11 July 2012, RAW: 27 May 2013
- Titles Won – WWE Championship (1 time), WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship (1 time) with Luke Harper and Randy Orton, Wrestling Observer Newsletter Best Gimmick of the Year (2013), Slam/Finishing move – Sister Abigail (Swinging Reverse Facebuster)
- Famil – Father- Mike Rotunda (Former Wrestler), Mother- Stephanie Rotunda, Brothers- Taylor Michael Rotunda aka Bo Dallas (Wrestler), Sister- Mika Rotunda
- Educational Qualifications – College Dropout
Bray Wyatt, a renowned star of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), passed away on Thursday (August 24), as shared by Paul “Triple H” Levesque, the company’s chief content officer, through a social media announcement. At the age of 36, Wyatt’s unexpected demise left a void in the wrestling community.
TMZ reported that Mr. Wyatt’s cause of death was a heart attack, shedding light on the circumstances surrounding his untimely passing.
A few hours ago, Paul Levesque used the platform X (formerly known as Twitter) to convey the heartbreaking news. He stated, “Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life, Windham Rotunda, also known as Bray Wyatt, unexpectedly passed earlier today. Our thoughts are with his family, and we ask that everyone respect their privacy at this time.”
Just received a call from WWE Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda who informed us of the tragic news that our WWE family member for life Windham Rotunda – also known as Bray Wyatt – unexpectedly passed earlier today. Our thoughts are with his family and we ask that everyone respect their…
— Triple H (@TripleH) August 24, 2023
As per ESPN reports, Windham Rotunda, whose wrestling identity was Bray Wyatt, had been absent from WWE’s active roster for the past several months due to an undisclosed health concern. While he had a notable tenure with WWE since 2009, there was a surprising hiatus spanning 2021 and 2022 when he was unexpectedly released. Rotunda made a significant comeback to WWE in September of the previous year, marked by fan excitement and an enigmatic storyline characterized by cryptic vignettes, which notably contributed to heightened television ratings.
Mr. Wyatt, a three-time world champion in WWE, held the WWE Championship once and the Universal Championship twice, according to TMZ. Notably, he took a brief hiatus from August 2018 to April 2019, reemerging with an entirely new persona, The Fiend, upon his return.
Hailing from a lineage deeply rooted in wrestling, Mr. Wyatt’s heritage bore testament to his family’s rich connection to the sport. His father, Hall of Famer Mike Rotunda, was a prominent figure in the wrestling world. Furthermore, his grandfather, Blackjack Mulligan, had made a lasting impact as a professional wrestler. Carrying on this legacy, his uncles, Barry and Kendall Windham, also embarked on wrestling careers, thus solidifying the family’s enduring influence within the wrestling realm, as reported by the news channels.
- Total number of matches: 1077
- Total number of wins: 427 (39.6%)
- Total number of losses: 637 (59.1%)
- Total number of draws: 13 (1.2%)
- Stock Market Update
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest-paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India