Tata Motors becomes India’s first to roll out 50,000 electric vehicles
Tata Passenger Electric Mobility, the EV arm of Tata Motors, rolled out its 50,000th electric vehicle, a Nexon EV, from its Pune facility in Maharashtra, becoming the first automobile company in India to achieve the feat. Tata Motors forayed into the passenger vehicle electric mobility segment with the Nexon EV in January 2020. Over the years, it launched several EVs. The existing EV product portfolio of Tata Motors includes Tigor EV, Tiago EV, Nexon EV Prime, and Nexon EV Max.
Milestone alert! We’re celebrating the rollout of our 50,000th EV in India. A vision, that’s now a reality. A strong testament that India is ready to #EvolveToElectric.
And this is just the start of an electric India we envisioned!
— TATA.ev (@Tataev) November 7, 2022
- Founder: J. R. D. Tata
- Founded: 1945, Mumbai
- Revenue: 2.82 lakh crores INR (US$37 billion, 2022)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Parent organization: Tata Group
- Subsidiaries: Jaguar Cars, Jaguar Land Rover, Tata Technologies, MORE
TATA MOTORS EV SALES –From 2018 to April-September ‘22
- FY2018: 131
- FY2019: 349
- FY2020: 1,325
- FY2021: 4,216
- FY2022: 19,106
- FY2023: 20,805*
“Favorable policy environment, practical product options, positive reviews, better ride and handling and attractive cost of ownership have helped the company achieve this feat ahead of its target,” a company statement said.
In a video address, Tata Sons and Tata Motors Chairman N Chandrasekaran said when the company set to work on an EV in 2018 it looked like a “dream project”. However, 4 years since then it has come a long way in its journey which was made possible due to the conviction of the core team and the various Tata Group companies coming together. “The pace with which we are seeing many players launch their models to meet the needs of the customers,” he said, adding, “This will certainly accelerate the e-mobility trend in the country. It’s good for sustainability and energy security and good for the nation.”
Tata has entered 80 new cities and expanded its network to over 165 cities. It is currently focusing on a three-step approach to introduce progressively advanced products for customers and plans to launch 10 new electric vehicles in 5 years. The price of the Tata Tiago electric hatchback ranges from INR 8.49 Lakh to INR 11.79 Lakh (ex-showroom). On the other hand, the Tigor Electric price starts at INR 12.49 Lakh for the entry-level modeland goes up to INR 13.64 Lakh (ex-showroom) for the top model. The Nexon EV is priced between INR 14.99 lakh to INR 17.50 lakh, while the Nexon EV Max is priced between INR 18.34 lakh to INR 20.04 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown