RPF Jawan Shoots ASI and Three Passengers Inside Jaipur Express Train
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Tragic shooting incident inside Mumbai-Jaipur train leaves four dead, including police officer.
- RPF constable arrested after opening fire on Jaipur Express, killing passengers.
- Quick action by GRP personnel leads to the apprehension of the accused shooter.
Four individuals, including an Assistant Sub-Inspector of police, lost their lives during a tragic firing incident that occurred on the Mumbai-Jaipur Superfast Express train (Train Number – 12956), as reported by Western Railways early Monday (31 July). The distressing event took place near Palghar railway station in Maharashtra. The Railway Protection Force (RPF) swiftly arrested the accused, RPF constable Chetan Singh, in connection with the incident.
RPF jawan shoots four dead inside Jaipur-Mumbai train.
Among the four deceased are two passengers, an RPF assistant sub-inspector (ASI), and a pantry car worker.#JaipurExpress #RPF pic.twitter.com/h5vHmudxkb
— S Parvin Official (@TheParvinSahin) July 31, 2023
According to reports from ANI, a Railway Protection Force (RPF) constable allegedly discharged his weapon inside the moving Jaipur Express Train, which was en route from Jaipur to Mumbai, shortly after it had passed Palghar Station at approximately 6 am.
As the investigation unfolds, CPRO Western Railway disclosed that preliminary findings indicate the RPF official used his official firearm to commit the act. However, the motive behind the shooting remains unclear and is currently under investigation.
The Western Railways stated, “He shot one RPF ASI (identified as Tika Ram Meena) and three other passengers and jumped out of the train near Dahisar Station.” Subsequently, the constable proceeded to another train carriage and tragically killed three more passengers, as confirmed by an official to PTI.
The accused attempted to flee the scene between Mira Road and Dahisar, but Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel promptly apprehended him, seizing his weapon in the process.
Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Neeraj Verma, speaking to news agency ANI, expressed, “At around 6 am, we got to know that an RPF constable, who was on escorting duty opened fire…Four people have been shot dead…Our railway officer reached the spot. The families have been contacted. Ex-gratia will be given.”
Presently, the accused is in the custody of Mira Road railway police. Meanwhile, the bodies of the victims were respectfully removed from the train at Borivali railway station.
About Train 12956 JP MMCT SF EXP
Train 12956, JP MMCT SF EXP, operates between Jaipur Junction (JP) and MUMBAI CENTRAL (MMCT) on all days of the week, departing from JP at 14:00 and arriving at MMCT at 06:55 after a two-day journey.
Covering a distance of 20 major stations during its 2-day route from Jaipur Junction to MUMBAI CENTRAL, the JP MMCT SF EXP 12956 takes a total of 16 hours and 55 minutes for the entire journey.
- Stock Market Update
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India