Twitter users will get blue tick & 4 other features for INR 662, Elon Musk revealed
Twitter Inc.’s new owner Elon Musk has confirmed that the microblogging website will now charge its users $8 per month for its Blue service, which includes a “verified” badge. “Twitter’s current lords and peasants system for who has or doesn’t have a blue checkmark is bullshit. Power to the people! Blue for $8/month,” Musk wrote in a tweet, adding that the price will be “adjusted by country proportionate to purchasing power parity.”
Twitter’s current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn’t have a blue checkmark is bullshit.
Power to the people! Blue for $8/month.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 1, 2022
Social network company
- Founded: 21 March 2006, San Francisco, California, United States
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
- Stock price: TWTR (NYSE) $53.70 0.00 (0.00%)
- 27 Oct, 4:03 pm GMT-4 – Disclaimer
- Number of employees: 7,500+ (December 2021)
- Subsidiaries: Crashlytics, Twitter Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., Gnip, MORE
- Founders: Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Evan Williams, Biz Stone
Several reports suggest that earlier Twitter was planning to charge verified account users around $ 20, or about INR 1,650. But after the news went viral, the users opposed it and the fee was reduced to $ 8 i.e. INR 661.73. Twitter is used all over the world. Talking about India, according to a report, there are more than 24 million Twitter accounts in our country. At the same time, if we talk about America, there are about 77 million Twitter accounts and Japan has about 58 million active users. From these figures, it can be estimated how much Twitter will earn in the coming days. Musk bought Twitter for $44 billion.
These facilities will be available upon getting blue tick
Elon Musk tweeted that users will get many facilities on getting a blue tick. These include priority in replies, mentions, and searches. Apart from this, ability to post long video & audio, and they would see half as many ads. He has also extended a paywall bypass for publishers, stating, “And paywall bypass for publishers willing to work with us”.
Due to the Blue subscription, Twitter’s revenue will increase and content creators will also get rewards. More than 80% of Twitter users who took part in a recent survey said they would not pay for a checkmark. Some 10% said they were willing to pay $5 per month.
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply