Latest updates: Tsunami warning after 7.0-magnitude earthquake near Solomon Islands; 162 Killed in Indonesia Earthquake
After Indonesia, now on Tuesday (22 November), a tsunami warning has been issued after a 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit the Solomon Islands. So far, no news of any kind of damage has been revealed. However, after this powerful earthquake, a tsunami warning has been issued there.
The United States Geological Survey said a tsunami warning was issued after a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck off the coast of the Solomon Islands on Tuesday (November 22). The US tsunami warning system said waves of between 30 cm and one meter could hit the Solomon Islands, with waves of up to 30 cm possible for Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu.
The Solomon Islands prime minister’s office advised people to move to higher ground but insisted there was no major damage to buildings in the capital, Honiara.
162 Killed in Indonesia Earthquake
Earlier on Monday (November 21), 162 people died and hundreds were injured due to a severe earthquake on the main island of Indonesia, Java. The intensity of this earthquake was measured at 5.4 on the Richter scale. Many buildings have been damaged in Indonesia due to the earthquake. During the earthquake, people were seen running in the streets and lanes to save their lives. Many people have been badly injured in this terrible earthquake, whose treatment is going on in the hospital.
Indonesia’s Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) said more than 2,200 houses were damaged and more than 5,300 people were displaced. West Java governor Ridwan Kamil said the death toll could increase since many buildings had collapsed, Reuters reported. “There are residents trapped in isolated places … so we are under the assumption that the number of injured and deaths will rise with time,” he said.
According to the governor of Java, the death toll from the earthquake has increased to 162. He told that most of those who died in the earthquake were children. The earthquake occurred when the children were studying in schools. According to geologists, the epicenter of the earthquake was 10 kilometers below the ground in the Cianjur region of Java. After the earthquake, 25 tremors were recorded there.
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown