Apple adds 11 Indian suppliers to Clean Energy Programme, here’s the list
By Sanjay Maurya
- According to the Apple official statement, 175 Apple suppliers will switch to renewable energy as part of the initiative.
- 11 production locations in India run by suppliers have joined the tech giant’s sustainable energy initiative.
- Over the previous year, the number of suppliers committed to utilizing 100 percent renewable energy has more than doubled.
Apple Inc. said on October 27 that 11 production locations in India run by suppliers have joined the tech giant’s sustainable energy initiative, which seeks to make its supply chain and products carbon neutral by 2030.
According to the firm’s official statement, 175 Apple suppliers will switch to renewable energy as part of the initiative, and the business and its suppliers will put more than 9 gigawatts of clean energy online throughout the world. According to Apple, this move will save over 18 million metric tonnes of CO2e every year, which is the equivalent of removing over 4 million automobiles from the road. Over the previous year, the number of suppliers committed to utilizing 100 percent renewable energy has more than doubled.
The momentum of suppliers adopting Apple’s environmental pledge will be observed in other nations as well. Apple’s Clean Energy Program has 19 suppliers in the United States and Europe, respectively. A total of 50 suppliers in China will participate in the initiative.
The list of 11 suppliers who have joined Apple’s green energy mission are as follow: –
- Lingyi Tech
- Sunwoda Electronic
- Hon Hai
- CCL Design
- Flex Ltd
- Cheng Uei (Foxlink)
Apple claims that its global activities are already carbon neutral. It now wants to have a net-zero climate effect for every Apple product sold by increasing its suppliers’ dependence on renewable energy. There are many other aspects to this dedication. Apple is supporting the use of recycled materials in its products, in addition to guaranteeing that its suppliers employ renewable energy. Apple claims to use recycled metals such as gold, cobalt, aluminium, and rare earth elements in their devices, among other things. This, as can be seen, reduces the need for carbon-intensive mining while also conserving resources.
Apple boasts that it is already carbon neutral throughout its worldwide operations and that every Apple gadget sold by 2030 will have a net-zero environmental effect.
- Top 10 Schools in Delhi 2021, list of best schools for your child
- Top 10 richest actors in the world 2021
- Business vs Job: Which is Better
- Top 10 series on Netflix 2021, don’t miss these must-watch series
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- The Success Story of Steve Jobs
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021