WWDC 2022: Apple launches ‘Buy now pay later’ service, new M2 chip & more
By Sanjay Maurya
On Monday (June 6), Apple announced software update for iPhones. A buy-now, pay-later service was also announced by the tech giant. In addition, the company unveiled a Macbook Air with its latest M2 chip. The launches were announced at the Worldwide Development Conference (WWDC 2022). It is Apple’s second major annual event.
CEO: Tim Cook (24 Aug 2011)
- Founded: 1 April 1976, Los Altos, California, United States
- Headquarters: Cupertino, California, United States
- Founders: Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne
- Products: iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, Apple TV, iOS, macOS, AirTag, MORE
- Subsidiaries: Beats Electronics, Beddit, Apple Store, Itunes K.K., MORE
Buy now pay later service
Apple has introduced Apple Pay Later, a new feature supported in the company’s payments platform that will allow users to split purchases into separate payments. The Buy Now, Pay Later service will allow users to split any Apple Pay purchase into four equal payments over six weeks without any additional interest or fees.
Users will get Buy now pay later service option when they make an Apple Pay purchase. The purchasing page will specify how much each payment will cost and when it will be due.
Apple’s new M2 chip
At the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), Apple introduced a slew of new software updates, including iOS 16, watchOS 9, iPadOS 16, and macOS 13 or macOS Ventura. Apple also announced the new M2 chip, which will power the newly redesigned MacBook Air and a 13-inch MacBook Pro, among other devices. After the Apple M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra CPUs, Apple announced the M2. The M2, as Apple claims, is more powerful and will result in significant performance improvements.
Apple’s M2 is based on Apple’s custom Arm silicon and is built on a 5nm technology with 20 billion transistors, which is 25% more transistors than the M1. Based on this, Apple claims that the M2 will have an 18% faster CPU and a 35% faster GPU than the M1. The M2 is 1.9 times faster than the “latest 10-core PC laptop chip”, according to Apple.
Apple MacBook Air & MacBook Pro India price update
- For education, Apple’s MacBook Air with M2 chip costs INR 119,900 and INR 109,900.
- 512GB storage option – INR 1,49,90
- 13-inch MacBook Pro with M2 starts at INR 129,900 & INR 119,900 for education.
- 512GB MacBook Pro – INR 1,49,900
- 35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter – INR 5,800
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply