Apple to increase App Store prices in several countries
Apple has announced that starting on October 5, several nations in Asia and Europe will raise the cost of apps and in-app purchases, days after the release of the new iPhone 14 lineup. The tech giant did not provide an explanation for the increase in in-app purchase prices, but it may be related to the dollar’s weakness against regional currencies.
“Prices for apps and in-app purchases (aside from subscriptions that automatically renew) on the App Store will rise starting on October 5, 2022 in Chile, Egypt, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Poland, South Korea, Sweden, Vietnam, and all other countries that use the euro. These price hikes in Vietnam also reflect new rules requiring Apple to collect and remit applicable taxes at 5% rates for both corporate income tax (CIT) and value added tax (VAT), respectively “Apple said through its blog.
“Your proceeds will be calculated based on the tax-exclusive price and will be appropriately adjusted. The Paid Applications Agreement’s Exhibit B will be updated to reflect that Apple collects and remits Vietnam-specific taxes, “the business added.
The tech giant with headquarters in Cupertino, California, has been focusing on growing its services division to lessen reliance on its primary source of income, smartphones. According to a report by news agency Reuters, revenue from Apple’s services division, which includes the App Store, has been increasing quickly over the past few years and now averages around $20 billion per quarter.
According to Apple, the Pricing and Availability section of My Apps on the App Store would be updated once the modifications took effect. In-App Store Connect, users have the flexibility to always modify the cost of their apps and in-app purchases, including subscriptions that automatically renew. They may decide to maintain prices for current subscribers if they offer subscriptions.
In other related news, Apple has increased the price of replacing batteries for the new iPhone 14 series, which includes the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max, to $99 from $69. This is in comparison to the price of replacing batteries for the iPhone 13.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply