Get Ready, Delhi! Apple’s Second Store is Opening Soon
Written by Sanjay Kumar
On Tuesday (April 18), Apple opened its first retail store in India, located in Mumbai. This exclusive store at Bandra Kurla Complex was inaugurated by the company’s CEO, Tim Cook, who arrived in India to oversee the launch. The opening of the Mumbai store coincides with Apple’s 25th anniversary in India. In addition to the BKC location, another Apple store is set to launch in Delhi’s Saket on Thursday (April 20).
- Founders: Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne, Mike Markkula
- CEO: Tim Cook (24 Aug 2011–)
- Customer service: 000 800 100 9009
- Products: iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, AirTag, MORE
- Headquarters: Cupertino, California, United States
- Subsidiaries: Apple Store, Beats Electronics, Beddit, Itunes K.K., MORE
- Founded: 1 April 1976, Los Altos, California, United States
Apple has big plans for India, including developing a stronger app developer ecosystem, promoting sustainability, community programs in various locations, and manufacturing localized products. At the inauguration of the Mumbai store, Tim Cook was joined by the company’s Senior Vice President for retail, Deidre O’Brien.
Dressed in a black t-shirt and grey pants, Cook opened the doors of the store and posed for photographs with the media and over 100 excited employees. He also welcomed customers into the store, with other company executives from around the world standing by. Fans had been queuing up at the mall for two weeks leading up to the opening, and the excitement was palpable.
The Mumbai store is located within the Jio World Drive mall, and the Apple Saket store in Delhi is set to open later this week. The Apple Saket store will be spread over 8,417.83 sqft, with a unique design inspired by Delhi’s many gates, each representing a new chapter in the city’s history. The company will pay INR 40 lakh per month for the Delhi store and INR 42 lakh per month for the Mumbai store, which is more than double the size.
Why did Apple take such a long time to open its first store in India?
In the past, Apple faced obstacles in opening a store in India due to government regulations and restrictions on single-brand retail. As a result, it relied on Indian partners like Imagine and Future World to operate its outlets. However, with the recent launch and the forthcoming opening in Delhi, Apple will now be a fully integrated player in India, overseeing all aspects from manufacturing to retail.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply