Get Ready to Sip on Memories: Campa Cola is Making a Comeback with Reliance!
Written by Sanjay Kumar
Reliance, the business empire headed by Indian businessman Mukesh Ambani, has announced the comeback of the beloved Indian soda, Campa Cola. After acquiring Campa from Pure Drinks Group in August 2022 for over $2.7 million, Reliance is set to reintroduce the iconic beverage to the Indian market this summer.
- Manufacturer – Campa Beverages Private Ltd
- Country of origin – India
- Introduced – 1977; 46 years ago
- Flavour Cola, orange, lime
- Related products – Thums Up, Coca-Cola, Pepsi Cola.
After being absent for over three decades, the iconic Campa Cola, Campa Lemon, and Campa Orange are making a comeback. The brand promises to offer the same nostalgic taste, but in a new contemporary avatar. Fans of the Indian beverage can look forward to savoring “The Great Indian Taste” from the 1970s once again.
According to a Reliance group spoke person, “By presenting Campa in its new avatar, we hope to inspire consumers across generations to embrace this truly iconic brand and trigger a new excitement in the beverage segment.”
According to market experts, the rebranded Campa beverage now has the potential to compete with beverage market leaders, Pepsi and Coca-Cola. The revamped product will be widely available across India, including at Reliance Retail stores, JioMart, and local kirana stores.
Rise and Fall of the Campa Cola Brand in India
Pure Drinks Group, a Mumbai-based beverage manufacturer, was the exclusive distributor of Coca-Cola in India between 1949 and the 1970s. The company ventured into the soft drinks market with its own brand, Campa Cola, in the 1970s, which quickly became a market leader.
It also introduced Campa Orange, an orange-flavored carbonated beverage, with the iconic tagline “The Great Indian Taste.” The group had two bottling plants in Mumbai and Delhi. However, the company’s business began to decline in the 1990s after the Indian government introduced liberalization policies, paving the way for the entry of international giants such as PepsiCo and Coca-Cola into the Indian market.
Carbonated Soft Drinks – India
The carbonated drinks market in India has witnessed significant growth in recent years, driven by the increasing popularity of soft drinks among the young population. Despite this growth, the market is highly competitive, with several local and international players vying for market share.
Factors such as changing consumer preferences, government regulations, and increasing health concerns among consumers can affect the profitability of the carbonated drinks market in India.
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply