Former Indian Cricket Captain Sourav Ganguly Announces Steel Factory Venture in West Bengal
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Born: 8 July 1972 (age 51 years), Behala
- Spouse: Dona Ganguly (m. 1997)
- Children: Sana Ganguly
- Height: 1.8 m
- Awards: Arjuna Award for Cricket, Padma Shri
- Parents: Nirupa Ganguly, Chandidas Ganguly
- Career start: 1989
In a remarkable diversification move, former Indian cricket captain Sourav Ganguly has unveiled plans to establish a state-of-the-art steel factory in Salboni, West Bengal. The announcement came during his accompanying West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on her 12-day visit to Spain and Dubai, where Ganguly shared insights into the project’s timeline and expressed his gratitude for the government’s support.
Construction of the steel factory is expected to be completed within five to six months, as reported by PTI, marking a swift commencement of operations. Ganguly, addressing the ‘Bengal Global Business Summit (BGBS)’ in Madrid on September 14, outlined that the facility’s overall construction would be finished in approximately one year.
Ganguly acknowledged the significant role played by the West Bengal government in fostering a welcoming environment for businesses, stating, “This state has always invited the rest of the world for business. That is why the CM is in this country today. It is very clear that the government wants to work for the development of the state and the youth.”
He expressed his gratitude to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and highlighted his previous experience in establishing a steel plant, “I just take this opportunity to thank the chief minister as we are starting to build a third steel plant in Bengal. A lot of us believe that I only played the sport. But we started a small steel plant in 2007, and in five to six months, we will start building our new steel plant in Medinipore.”
Reflecting on his family’s long-standing business legacy, initiated by his grandfather over five decades ago, Ganguly emphasized the historical support provided by the state government. He commended the efficiency of the process, noting that the project would be completed in a relatively short period, regardless of his current association with the Chief Minister. “I must tell you this is from practical experience and not because I am with the Chief Minister; the entire process just took four to five months to complete,” Ganguly remarked.
The steel factory venture by Sourav Ganguly not only marks a significant milestone in his entrepreneurial journey but also underscores West Bengal’s commitment to fostering economic growth and development in the region.
- Stock Market Update
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest-paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India