Prime day: Amazon to host two-day sales event with a higher membership fee
E-commerce company Amazon India will host its annual sales programme Prime Day on July 23 and 24, which new customers can access after paying a membership fee that is nearly 50% more expensive than it was last year. Around Diwali, the firm raised the annual prime membership fee from INR 999 to INR 1,499. The membership gives discounts on delivery charges, and access to Amazon’s over-the-top entertainment platform Prime Videos and Amazon Music.
- CEO: Andy Jassy (5 Jul 2021–)
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- Founded: 5 July 1994, Bellevue, Washington, United States
- Revenue: 46,980 crores USD (2021)
- Subsidiaries: Zappos, Whole Foods Market, Audible, MORE
”We believe that based on the amount of investments around delivery, shopping, all the different benefits, we feel that the fair price for the programme at this time and we have seen huge uptake,” Amazon India, director for Prime and fulfillment experience, Akshay Sahi told PTI. The monthly Prime membership has increased to INR 179 from INR 129 charged earlier.
30,000 new products
The company said the Prime Day event this year will witness over 30,000 new product launches from over 400 top brands from top Indian & global brands such as boat, Samsung, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Intel, Sony, Bajaj, Puma, Eureka Forbes, Adidas, USPA, Max, Asics, Fastrack, Tresemme, Mamaearth, Surf Excel, Dabur, Colgate, Whirlpool, IFB and more.
Additionally, over 120 Small & Medium Businesses (SMBs) will launch more than 2,000 new products in a variety of categories, including electronics from XECH, beauty products from Cos-IQ and Himalayan Origins, home products from SpaceinCart, kitchen pick from Mirakii, handwoven sarees from Karagiri, and handcrafted decor from Nirvi Handicrafts.
Offers on electronics and tech products
Amazon said there will be ‘unmatched deals’ across smartphones, appliances, TVs, consumer electronics, kitchen, daily essentials, fashion, toys, beauty, and more. All your favourite tech products will be on offer with big discounts. The company will start special deals from July 7 (Today) till July 22 onward but the discounts and options for shopping will be higher during Prime Day, members can shop from millions of products offered by SMBs and get offers such as 10% cashback up to INR 100 that can be redeemed on their Prime Day purchases and more.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown