Apple Unveils Vision Pro at WWDC 2023: A New Era of Computing Begins
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Apple debuts Vision Pro, a game-changing mixed-reality headset at WWDC 2023.
- Vision Pro offers eye-tracking and spatial computing, revolutionizing the virtual experience.
- With Optic ID and compatibility with iOS, iPadOS, and Microsoft apps, Vision Pro redefines personal electronics.
- Founders: Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne
- Products: iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, iOS, macOS, AirTag, MORE
- CEO: Tim Cook (24 Aug 2011–)
- Headquarters: Cupertino, California, United States
- Subsidiaries: Apple Store, Beats Electronics, Silk Labs Inc., MORE
- Founded: 1 April 1976, Los Altos, California, United States
As anticipated, Apple has introduced its inaugural mixed-reality headset during the kickoff of the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2023. The headset, named Vision Pro, marks a deviation from the pre-event speculations that referred to it as Reality Pro.
CEO Tim Cook characterized Vision Pro as “the first Apple product you look through, not at.” Here are the key details about the headset:
- Vision Pro primarily relies on voice commands, eye-tracking, and hand gestures, omitting the need for a separate controller. Cook emphasized that the headset will cater to gaming, work, and communication.
- The goggles incorporated in Vision Pro will introduce the concept of “spatial computing.” Moreover, while wearing the headset, others will be able to see the user’s eyes.
- A distinctive feature called the Digital Crown determines the user’s depth within the virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) environment. Vision Pro has the capability to handle multiple apps concurrently.
- Optic ID serves as Vision Pro’s facial and touch identification system. By scanning the user’s iris and storing the data locally, the feature enables unlocking the headset and facilitating secure transactions through Apple Pay.
- Users have the ability to capture 3D photos and videos and enjoy movie-watching experiences within Vision Pro, which operates on the visionOS operating system.
- The headset boasts a battery life of 2 hours when used with an external pack. Additionally, it can be plugged into a power outlet if necessary.
- Apple has collaborated with Unity, granting access to the mixed-reality platform for apps and games built on the Unity framework.
- Vision Pro supports iOS and iPadOS apps and is compatible with Microsoft applications.
- This groundbreaking personal electronics device introduces a completely redesigned App Store exclusive to the visionOS ecosystem.
- Vision Pro will be available for purchase starting early next year at a price of $3,499 (approximately ₹2.88 lakh).
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown