Battlegrounds Mobile (BGMI) India removed from Google Play & App Store following govt order
- BGMI has been removed from the Google Play Store on July 28.
- BGMI has also been removed from the Apple App Store.
- The reason for the block was not immediately clear.
After PUBG Mobile was banned in India, South Korean game developer Kraftonreturned to the Indian market after a year by relaunching the same game with minor changes and named it Battlegrounds Mobile India or BGMI. But on July 28, BGMI has been removed from Apple and Google app stores in India following a government order.
According to reports, Krafton, the publisher of the game, will be holding a meeting with MeitY to resolve the issue. “We are clarifying how BGMI was removed from the Google Play store and the App store and will let you know once we get specific information”, a company representative said.
Battlegrounds Mobile India
- Mode: Multiplayer video game
- Developer: KRAFTON
- Original author: KRAFTON
- Composer: Tom Salta
- Developer: KRAFTON
- Genres: Battle royale game, Third-person shooter
- Platforms: Android, iOS, iPadOS
Google has officially said that it has received an official order from the Indian government to remove the BGMI. “On receipt of the order, following the established process, we have notified the affected developer and have blocked access to the app that remained available on the Play Store in India,” it said. BGMI was not available on Apple’s App Store in India on Thursday (July 28) evening.
The reason for the block was not immediately clear. There are several reports linking this ban to the Lucknow PUBG case where a 16-year-old boy allegedly shot his mother because she stopped him from playing “online games like PUBG”. The issue was also raised in the ongoing session of Parliament, where the government said that the home ministry is looking at some banned apps that are appearing with a new avatar but with similar functionality.
According to reports, Google had received the government takedown order in the last 24 hours. Last year, when BGMI made a comeback in India, the manufacturer, Krafton, said it broke ties with China-based Tencent and that Indian users’ data would be protected. The company also tied up with Microsoft for Azure to host BGMI. Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud computing service, empowering game creators to build, run and develop their games on a global scale.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown