Free Covid precaution doses for 18-59 age group from Today; all details here
Union Minister Anurag Thakur on Wednesday (July 13) announced free COVID-19 precaution doses for the age group of 18-59 at government vaccine centers as part of a 75-day special drive starting today (July 15). Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said that to commemorate the 75th anniversary of India’s independence, a free booster dose campaign will be run for the next 75 days under the government’s Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav and the prevention of Covid will be promoted. The minister said that this will shield all adults against the virus.
#WATCH | Union Minister Anurag Thakur says, “…It has been decided that from 15th July 2022 till the next 75 days, all citizens above 18 years of age will be given booster doses free of cost…This facility will be available at all government centres…”#COVID19 pic.twitter.com/kZSOqHZQLg
— ANI (@ANI) July 13, 2022
The government’s plan to provide free COVID-19 precaution doses to all adults over the age of 18 will increase vaccination numbers in India and lead to a healthier nation, according to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Vaccination is an effective means to fight COVID-19. Today’s Cabinet decision will further India’s vaccination coverage and create a healthier nation. https://t.co/LolQyWjK90
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 13, 2022
Responding to a query, Mandaviya said people would have to pay if they visit a private facility to get the precaution dose. Noting that some had raised doubts over the efficacy of indigenously developed vaccines, he said a booster dose is needed for everyone, and “no one has to pay for it.” He did not share details on how much the exercise would cost the government. Mandaviya thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for this decision. “I urge all those eligible to get their precaution dose at the earliest,” the health minister
This year in March, The vaccination drive for 12-14 years was started. So far, more than 3.76 crore adolescents have been administered the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. Precaution dose administration for the age group 18-59 years started on April 10.
- Total – 5.02 crore
- Healthcare workers – 59.26 Lakh
- Frontline workers – 1.11 crore
- 18-44 yrs – 41.69 lakh
- 45-59 yrs – 31.22 lakh
- Over 60 yrs – 2.67 crore
In the new phase of the Universalization of Immunization Campaign, the Center will procure and supply (free of cost) 75 percent of the vaccines being produced by the vaccine manufacturers in the country to the states and union territories. On 1 June, to accelerate the pace of vaccination and encourage booster shots, the government launched the second round of ‘Har Ghar Dastak Abhiyan 2.0’ in states and union territories. The two-month program is currently going on.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown