Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 updates: Million devotees throng Odisha’s Puri amid tight security
- 07:55 AM – Pahandi ritual of Devi Subhadra begins
- 08:01 AM – Lord Jagannath leaves the Puri Shrimandir to go towards his magnificent Nandighosh chariot.
- 12:49 PM – Chariot pulling begins with Taladhwaja
- 13:46 PM – Devi Subhadra begins her journey to Gundicha Temple in Darpadalana chariot
- 14:39 PM -Jay Jagannath chants fill Bada Danda, Kalia Thakura marches on towards Gundicha Temple
Jagannath Rath Yatra is considered to be the most important festival of the year. Jagannath Rath Yatra is celebrated every year with grandness. This festival is celebrated on the second day of Shukla Paksha of Ashadh month. Jagannath Rath Yatra is being celebrated today in Puri, Odisha, on Friday, 1st July 2022. The annual Rath Yatra of the holy trinity- Lord Balabhadra, Goddess Subhadra, and Lord Jagannath is being held with full public participation and will end next week on July 9. The Yatra festival is being held after two years of COVID curb.
“We expect a large gathering of about 10 lakhs on Ratha Yatra as people are allowed to participate in the festival after a gap of two years,” P.K. Jena, Development Commissioner told PTI.
#WATCH | Huge crowds of devotees throng the #JagannathRathYatra as it begins in Puri, Odisha pic.twitter.com/USTn3rMhUm
— ANI (@ANI) July 1, 2022
On the occasion of Lord Jagannath’s “Rath Yatra” on Friday, President Ram Nath Kovind welcomed the crowd and prayed for everyone’s happiness, peace, and prosperity. To ensure the event is conducted safely, more than 180 platoons of armed police officers, including 1,000 officers of various ranks, are stationed in and around Puri. Additionally, about 50 CCTV cameras have been installed on Grand Road and in other locations across the city.
To stop the spread of Covid, the government will make sure that all safety precautions are taken locally. The government has set up checkpoints to verify vaccination certificates at airports, train stations, bus terminals, and many other entries and exit points in consideration of the crowds. Before the start of the Rath Yatra, Amit Shah (Union Home Minister) performed ‘Mangal Aarti’ (auspicious ritual to pay obeisance to the Lord) of the deities at Shree Jagannathji Mandir in Ahmedabad in the early hours.
Did Mangla Aarti at Shri Jagannath Temple in Ahmedabad. Jai Jagannath. #RathYatra pic.twitter.com/vIslwYmhnJ
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) July 1, 2022
Greetings on the special day of Rath Yatra. We pray to Lord Jagannath for his constant blessings. May we all be blessed with good health and happiness.
Sharing what I had spoken about the Rath Yatra and the importance of a Yatra in our culture during the recent #MannKiBaat. pic.twitter.com/RnREC22ACQ
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 1, 2022
The procession activities will be completed by 12.30 pm, while Gajapati Maharaja Dibyasingh Deb, the titular king of Puri, will perform ‘Chera Pahanra’ (sweeping of three chariots) between 2.30 pm and 3.30 pm. Chariot pulling will start from 4 pm onwards.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply