Nitish to take oath as Bihar CM today; Tejashwi may become Deputy CM again
A day after resigning as Bihar chief minister to call off his coalition government with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Nitish Kumar will again take oath as chief minister – for the eighth time in his political career – on 10 August. The ceremony will take place at 2 pm at Raj Bhavan.
According to reports, Rashtriya Janata Dal’s Tejashwi Yadav will also take oath as the deputy CM of the state. More ministers are likely to be inducted into the cabinet soon. All party MLAs and MPs supported Mr. Kumar’s decision and said they were with him. They also said that they will continue to support Nitish Kumar in his decision.If Nitish Kumar claims the majority to form the next government in Bihar, he will have to prove it by facing a floor test.
Bihar Political Turmoil
The stress between the two parties hit a breaking point over Nitish Kumar’s concerns that Union Minister Amit Shah is working relentlessly to split the Janata Dal (United). For this, Nitish Kumar blamed the former leader of his party, RCP Singh, for serving as Amit Shah’s proxy. RCP Singh quit JD(U) over the weekend as his party accused him of deep corruption.
The RJD leader Tejashwiyadavsaid, now you look at the old allies of BJP from Punjab to Maharashtra to Bihar. They tried to eliminate their allies in all these places. Now the BJP has no ally in the entire Hindi heartland. BJP is also trying to take over JDU. But we are socialists. Nitish Kumar is our ancestor and we should preserve his legacy.
Nitish Kumar’s decision is not surprising. In the last few weeks, Kumar has left no chance to demean the BJP. Differences surfaced again on Sunday, August 7, when he skipped the NITI Aayog meeting convened by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This was the fourth such meeting in which Kumar was absent.
- Nitish Kumar said that all JD(U) MPs and MLAs agree that the party should leave the NDA. “After the result of the 2020 assembly election of Bihar, our party had won only 43 seats and I was not ready to become the chief minister. When I was ruling in alliance with the BJP, its leaders were saying many things which I did not like,” IANS quoted Kumar as saying.
- Nitish Kumar broke his alliance with the BJP after the meeting of JDU leaders and MLAs. Kumar said the BJP was first trying to weaken his JD(U) by promoting Chirag Paswan’s rebellion and later through the party’s former national president RCP Singh.
- Nitish Kumar left the NDA for the first time in 2013. In 2017, he quit his coalition government with the RJD-Congress alliance to go back to the NDA camp.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown