World’s Largest Ramayan Temple in Bihar on Track for 2025 Completion: Report
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Construction underway for Bihar’s ‘world’s largest Ramayan temple,’ set to surpass Angkor Wat in height by 2025.
- Viraat Ramayan temple: 12 domes, 270 ft tall; spans 2,800 ft in length, 1,400 ft in width; features largest Shivling, capacity for 20,000 visitors.
- Bihar’s grand Ramayan temple draws inspiration from Angkor Wat, Ramanathaswami, and Meenakshi Sundareshwarar temples.
State of India
- Country – India
- Region – East India
- Formation – 22 March 1912
- Capital and largest city – Patna
- Districts – 38
- Total – 94,163 km2 (36,357 sq mi)
According to media reports, construction work on the ‘world’s largest Ramayan temple’ commenced on June 20 in Bihar’s East Champaran district after performing certain religious rituals at the site.
The reports reveal that this Ramayan temple (Virat Ramayan Mandir) in Bihar is expected to surpass the height of Cambodia’s Angkor Wat temple complex, which dates back to the 12th century. The estimated cost of constructing this temple is INR 500 crore.
It is anticipated that the three-story Virat Ramayan temple will be fully constructed by the end of 2025. The temple will be situated on a 3.76 lakh sq. ft. plot of land in the villages of Kaithwalia-Bahuara, approximately 120 km from Patna, as mentioned in the report.
The Ramayan temple will feature twelve domes, with the tallest dome soaring to a height of 270 ft. Additionally, the complex will house approximately 22 sanctum sanctorum dedicated to different deities, along with marriage halls and guest houses.
As per reports, the temple’s overall dimensions will be 2,800 ft in length, 1,400 ft in width, and 405 ft in height. Notably, the temple will also include a 33-ft-high black granite Shivling, weighing around 200 tonnes. This Shivling is being crafted near Chennai in Tamil Nadu’s Mahabalipuram. The official stated that it will be the world’s largest Shivling and is slated for completion by Mahashivratri in 2025.
The temple will have the capacity to accommodate up to 20,000 individuals at a time. The foundation stone of the temple was laid by officials, including Acharya Kishor Kunal, the secretary of the Mahavir Temple Trust in Patna, and Justice SN Jha, former Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
The architectural design of the Ramayan temple draws inspiration from three renowned temples: the Angkor Wat complex in Cambodia, the Ramanathaswami temple in Rameshwaram, and the Meenakshi Sundareshwarar temple in Madurai.
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown