Adani family pledges $7.7 Billion to charity on Gautam Adani’s birthday
The Adani family has committed a donation of $7.7 Billion (INR 60,000 crore)to a range of social causes on the year of the centenary birth anniversary of Gautam Adani’s father, Shantilal Adani, and Gautam Adani’s own 60th birthday. The fund will be administered by the Adani Foundation. The founder and chairman of the Adani Group turn 60 on Friday (June 24).
- Headquarters: Ahmedabad
- Founder: Gautam Adani
- Founded: 1988
- Number of employees: 23,000+ (2021)
- Subsidiaries: Adani Power, Adani Wilmar, Adani Ports & SEZ, MORE
- Parent organization: S.B. Adani Family Trust
“In addition to being the 100th birth anniversary of my inspiring father, this year also happens to be the year of my 60th birthday and, therefore, the family decided to contribute$7.7 Billion towards charitable activities,” said Adani. The family has shown a strong philanthropic interest in healthcare, education, and skill development, especially in India’s rural regions.
Adani Group said the donation amount will be used for charitable activities involving healthcare, education, and skill development without sharing the time period. The $7.7 Billion is also much more than the average amount the Group spends on CSR activities. Adani Group contributes almost 2% of its entire revenue through the Adani Foundation in a variety of CSR activities, according to information on its website.
Azim Premji, chairman of Azim Premji Foundation and founder-chairman of software major Wipro, said: “Adani family’s commitment towards philanthropy should set an example that we can all try to live Mahatma Gandhi’s principle of trusteeship of wealth at the peak of our business success and need not wait for our sunset years.”
Premji said the country’s challenges and possibilities demand that “we work together as one, cutting across all divides of wealth, religion, region, caste, and more”.
On the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021, the Gautam Adani family was rated eighth for their donation of INR 130 crore in FY21. Under the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs), the Adani Foundation aims to enhance community infrastructure, sustainable livelihoods, and educational opportunities. The Foundation contributed INR 122 crore to aid national relief efforts relating to COVID-19.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown