Written By:- Yashika Sabharwal
Chandrayaan 2 Launch Live Updates
- The launch of Chandrayaan-2
- Chandryaan 2 was supposed to be launched at 02:51 am, Sunday, July 14 by ISRO’s Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, and was stopped due to Technical Snag.
- The Lander Mr. Vikram is expecting to make a soft landing on the Moon
Here’s what making news BUZZ! On Monday morning: Chandrayaan-2 of India is launched and called off after ‘technical snag.
The officials carry out the hoisting of the Vikram Lander during the integration of Chandrayaan-2, at the launch center in Sriharikota. The space mission of Indians, which contentedly aims to place a robotic rover (Chandrayaan -2) on the moon, is now set to be launched on July 15, 2019.
In an anti-climax scenario to the build-up around this historic moment, a keenly awaited launch of India’s Chandrayaan-2 was called off due to a technical snag. The countdown to the launch was stopped at 56 minutes ahead of the scheduled time after scientists detected a problem in the rocket. ISRO did not provide details.
Chandrayaan 2 most Complex, Eminent and Prominent mission undertaken by ISRO
- Chandrayaan-2 by India is the most complex and esteemed that ISRO has ever undertaken
- This mission will make India the fourth country after the US, USSR, and China to land on the moon.
- It was inaugurated, just before the days of the 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong first walking on the moon.
- The first launch period on July 15 was missed due to some snag.
- The launch is now likely to happen during the next three upcoming periods in the month of July.
- The next estimate for launch will be in September.
There were four estimated suitable periods for the launch of India’s new Chandrayaan 2 in the month of July: Dated- July 15, 16 and 29 and 30.
The countdown to the launch of Chandrayaan 2, which was scheduled for 2.51 am, was called off due to technical errors at 56 minutes and 24 seconds before lift-off at 1.55 am after the announcement of the Mission Control Centre.
A “technical snag” was observed in the launching of the vehicle system at t-minus 56 minutes. The measure of an abundant precaution Chandrayaan 2 launch has been called off for launching,” – ISRO Associate Director (Public Relations), Mr. B R Guruprasad said this statement.